Saturday, December 20, 2008

CI Day 11

Well it has been 11 days since my activation and everything is going great. I am looking forward to my next mapping on January 5th. Hopefully I will come out hearing even better than I am now. I can talk on the phone with the CI, which is awesome. I can even listen to talk shows on the radio which is phenomonal. I don't ever remember having this ability.

Over the past week communication with my husband has improved greatly. Even he has made comments that he does not have to repeat things as much for me. Work has even improved. I can understand my students better every day. I am still only using the CI in order to force my brain to learn to hear with it. I have tried my hearing aid once, and it took me awhile of playing with the CI and HA settings to get the sounds semi close to where I could understand. The results with both the CI and HA were marvelous, I could hear so much. I will eventually wear the HA but right now it is important to rely on the CI. I am still working on my therapy daily.

I am looking forward to the Holidays coming up....partly because I spent Thanksgiving out of it on pain medications as my surgery was two days before Thanksgiving. I am also looking forward to the holidays because I will be around family and mainly my neices, nephews and cousins. I can't wait to hear my three year old nephew tomorrow.

All is well, and it gets better with everyday. I love my CI and look forward to the other. Hopefully it will happen in the spring of 2009.

No comments: