Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 2 with the CI

Today was interesting. It was my first day back at work with the CI. I am a school teacher, I also teach children with hearing losses. I did have a little trouble understanding my students but it did improve as the day went on.

The worst part of today was by all means the cafeteria during lunch. It was loud, almost painfully. For the most part I have just been playing with my programs and trying to figure out what it is that I like. Right now I am leaning towards program 2 for the majority of situations.

One of the best parts of the day was the evening. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and I had my back to my husband. He asked me a question and I was able to understand and respond with my back turned. He was so excited. That was the first time I have ever been able to do this.

Some of the sounds I have heard today:
the trash can rolling down the hall at the end of the day as they clean up
the car window rolling down
the keyboard clicking as I type
the heat or lights in my classroom (not sure which)

No comments: