Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things are continuing to get better...matter of fact they are AWESOME!!! I never thought I would say that I am actually looking forward to an audiologist appointment at UNC next week to test my ears, but I am! Things are sounding marvelous, but some times a tad too loud. We will have to play with my thresholds next week. We had my right ear up to 15-25dB across the frequencies. When we activated the new ear last week we did not check thresholds, but I think between the two that maybe they are just a tad loud. OR it could be the people around me. I know everyone is used to talking louder for me and now they don't have to, but they still are out of habit. I am trying to find "nice" ways to tell people to speak normal!

Anyways...all is well and I LOVE having two ears. After five months with only one ear I am thrilled to have two ears. I never thought I would say this...but I am actually looking forward to my graduate class tonight....I want to see how much better I can hear!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

deafdude said...

Glad to hear(pun intended) that you are happy being bilateral. Thanks for also taking the time to talk to me on instant messenger.

syarboro said...

Lauren,
The kids and I just checked your blog. Here are some comments from our 2nd grade:

Breanna: I am so glad you have 2 ears now!

Sadie: I'm grateful your surgery went well! I'm relieved that you can hear now!

Isabella: I hope your ear feels better!

Isaac: I hope your check-up goes well!

Abigail: I hope everyone gets out of the habit of talking loud!

Collin: Do you have to wear a hearing aid now?

McKayla: I hope your ear feels better if it swells up and starts to hurt!

Jake: When you have time send us your news.

Dustin: When you have some time, will you send us some things that you have been hearing?

Kila: I'm glad you can hear now!

Bennett: I hope your implant goes
well forever!

Lukus: I am happy for you!